Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Janiaks. Generation 1 - Chapter 6: The Calm Before...

Everything was going perfectly. Moo loved Eleanor the most. Why? I have no clue. But Moo always made Ellie giggle and smile.

I even started teaching Lucy how to talk, while Carter finished teaching her twin, Eleanor, to walk. But he also made time for his oldest, Imogen.

Ever since me and Carter had our little fight, I think it changed him...it made him more attentive.
"Daddy I start school this morning!" Imogen proclaimed proudly.
"I know sweetheart! I'm so proud of you, you know that right?"
"I know Daddy. I thought maybe we could go fishing someday. Maybe as a birthday present?" She begged, she wanted so desperately to be close with him, even though he had a bad attitude most of the time.
"Of course we will sweetheart."

Carter even quit his teaching job to become a stay at home writer. To help me raise the twins. They were such a handful.

I made dinner for me, Imogen, and Carter while the twin toddlers ate baby mushies. Nums!

And that night, Carter tried to cuddle on me. But every time he tried to cuddle on me or whatever, I just...I thought of him cheating on me with that...tramp.
So I ignored him and went to sleep.

The next morning he woke up before me and saw Imogen off to her second day of school and helped her with her homework in the morning.

Once she finished she left for school.
"Have a good day sweet heart." Carter said, making Imogen smile. "Love you Daddy!" And she ran out the door.

"What's wrong Mags?" Carter asked, giving me his 'pretty boy smile'.
I tried to flirt back, but something was on my mind. "Carter...we need to talk."

"Whatever it is, I'm sure we can work it out babe." He said, his tone a little bit more serious.
"I was thinking...ever since you said you didn't want to...you know- do this challenge with me. That I'm..."
Carter's face dropped.

"What I'm trying to say is..."
"Maggie don't do this-"

"Carter I'm done though. I need someone that can do this with me. My mom picked me to do this. We've been together for how long? And you still didn't want to do this with me?"

It was official.
Me and Carter were divorced.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment