Monday, May 21, 2012

The Janiaks. Generation 1 - Chapter 2: New House, New Beginning

"Maggie, this house is perfect." Carter whispered to me as we pulled in the driveway. "But it's so far away from my sister and her kids..." I whined. After all, this house was in Bridgeport and our hometown was Twinbrook.
"Carter...please? We need a fresh start..." I said softly, and I wasn't lying, we really did need a new start.
After we signed the paperwork with the real estate agent we went back home and packed.
Luckily we could move in right away, so... we did.


Soon after settling in, my daycare day started with these cute little toddlers- Pansy Prudence (right) and Notzo Curious (left).

While I was playing, feeding, and changing the toddlers, Carter started looking for a new job.

"Honey, there's an opening at the school. It's pretty close."
He wasn't kidding either.
It's probably less than a block walking distance.

After Carter came home from his interview at the high school, he told me that he had gotten the job. Only, it didn't really pay much.
"That's awesome Carter!" I said, with much enthusiasm. I really was happy, my little nursery gig doesn't pay much at all.
"Carter...about everything with-" I started.

"I mean. Carter I shouldn't have...you know. Done what I did."
Carter was being a little bit too quiet. But that was nothing new I guess.

"Maggie I forgive you. I just. I don't know if I can even...-"
"Can even what?" I said, raising my voice a little.

"Carter! Are you leaving me!" I was screaming now. He wasn't going to leave me after everything we had been through.
"Maggie no! For God's sake..." He tried calming me down. "Maggie just listen to me for a second." I tried to calm myself, but it wasn't happening, he continued anyway despite me not being calmed down.


"Mags I've loved you for as long as I can remember. And I want to do this thing that your mom wants us to do. And I wanted to have kids with you. But you...you slept with another man." He stared at me.
And just like always, I had nothing to say.


"Carter I'm so sorry. I just want us to...you know, get past this. Move on with our lives. Please?" I started crying and as usual... Carter didn't say anything. Damn I hate it when he's quiet.


"Maggie I'm trying to forgive you...but it's gunna take some time. You know that, right?" I nodded my head yes, trying to wipe away my tears.
"But Maggie I still love you...and even though I'm mad at you..-"

I cut him off with a kiss.

Then a hug...


And we'll skip this part. Because, no one wants to see all that ;)

Anyway.
Later that night I tried to mac mac and cheese and successfully burned the stove and counter top next to it and even made the floor a mess. Awesome, right?
(Author's note: There was a glitch in my game and the fire never...uh...showed itself. It was invisible, that's why I'm only posting this one picture of it, lol.)


And to add to the stress of the fire, I threw up. I guess the autumn salad from yesterday had gone bad. Crappy fridge.

The next morning, Carter went to work and I started my daycare day. And I had the worst stomach ache in the whole world. I felt like I was living in the bathroom.
After a while though...

Turns out I might've lied to Carter about that birth control I was...taking.


Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment