Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Janiaks. Generation 1 - Chapter 3: Labor Pains Bring Baby 1

Turns out the company I work for doesn't want to risk the case of a lawsuit or something so they made the parents come get their children.

As I watched Pansy Prudence's dad pick her up it hit me like a ton of bricks.
I'm about to have a child of my own. But then I thought about my first pregnancy...and how mad my daddy was at me...

"What do you mean you're pregnant Maggie?" He screamed.
"I...Carter and I...it was an accident-" He raised his hand to hit me. But then quickly put it down and ran out of the room. I've never seen him so mad at someone. But it wasn't my fault, I didn't know that our protection wouldn't...uh...work.

Carter walked in on me thinking about our situation when we were so young...
"What's wrong Mags?" He asked quietly.
"I was just thinking about Matt-" Carter inhaled quickly and I was shocked. I hadn't talked about our son in over 2 years. And now I was just bringing him up randomly.
"Maggie you can't blame yourself...we didn't know that we were gunna...you know...lose him.." Carter stared at the floor.
"I know...but I can't stop thinking about it either way."

It was quiet for a while until Carter asked me what was up with the baggy shirt and pants I was wearing. (I'd stolen them from Katherine ages ago). I laughed.

"One of the babies spit up on me during work. You know. They spit up tons. Ugh. Its gross. Anyway. And I had to change...ha..." I answered nervously. Carter didn't look like he was buying it.
"Oh. Maggie, you know its 3:30 right? Your kids don't get picked up till 7 or even 8 in the evening." Shit. He eyed me across the table. "Is there something you want to tell me Maggie? Is something wrong with you?"

He followed me as I got up from the table and went towards the kitchen. But he cut me off.
"Maggie...please tell me what's wrong?"

"Carter...you remember the other day when we fooled around while I had put the daycare kids down for a nap and before you started your job...know what I'm talking about?"
He looked at me with alarm. "Oh no...Maggie are you...?"

"I'm pregnant." I said, sort of happy. For once in my damn life.

And Carter looked happy too.
Maybe we can get over our past afterall?

The next day, I took it upon myself and harvested my neighbor's onions. I'm sure they wouldn't have minded...had they been home...

And I read up on my gardening while Carter played video games.


"How have you been feeling?"
I shrugged, "Alright I suppose."
"Are you nervous? You are due pretty soon..." he bit his lip. If anyone was nervous, it was him.
"Of course I'm nervous. Don't talk about it, I'm sure nothing will happen this time." I closed my eyes and sighed heavily, my back pains had been getting progressively worse.
"Need a back rub?" Carter offered. "Of course."
After a few minutes of silence he finally broke it, "Maggie do you love that other man?"
I was shocked he had even brought that up again. "No Carter." I rolled my eyes.
He could tell I was ready to drop the subject, so he did, and we went to bed.

The next morning I guess Carter got up before me.

He even made waffles and left some for me on the counter.

But the best thing of all...is that he completely re-did the nursery for me.


But he left before I could thank him.

So I got up and read after eating breakfast.

Pretty soon though, the baby was on the way.

Welcome my first little girl, Imogen Janiak. She was born grumpy, just like her daddy, and hates the outdoors.


Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment