Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Janiaks. Generation 1 - Chapter 4: Beginning of Terrible 2s (Part 1)



After getting home with Imogen (who I gave the nickname of 'Immy' by the way) Carter caught me in a hug.
"I'm...so happy that Imogen is okay. And that you're fine. I'm so sorry I wasn't there. But no one called."
"Well. I sortof...just...went. It's fine Carter." I never even thought about him not being there.


"You still love me right?" He asked.
I guess I gave a good response?


There was a knock on the door after our...little escapade.
Turns out it was the repossession bitch-...lady.
"Ah damn it! Carter! Oh my God."
"You're like, a month late," the lady said, as she flashed the paperwork and took one of the toy baskets that I had for my daycare. "Carter get out here and stop her!" God he's so non-confrontational. It's irritating.

But at least after that incident...
I noticed him being more timely with the bills.

At first, Carter was always with my little grumpy girl Imogen.
But Carter's a grump too, so I guess they made it work? Ha. It was funny to watch.
He even did some chores for me. It made me...slightly appreciate him more. I guess. I say he needed to help with the chores anyway. But it's cool.
And he did every late night feeding for a while.
But then I noticed he stopped doing it. And he started staying at work late. But he makes more money now, so I guess it doesn't matter, right?
"You're not staying at work late tonight are you?"
My answer was in the form of zoned out silence.
"Uh Carter? It's Immy's birthday! You better not be late tonight! 7:30. Sharp."
"Yeah. Gotcha." He got up to go take a shower. So I sat for a while and had breakfast.


While I was doing the dishes, I tried to catch Carter as he was going off the work.


But before I could say anything he had already left.
Ugh.

I got Immy up for her morning feeding and cuddling...evil...cuddling. Oh shut up. Even evil people can love their children.

I put her in the swing while I did chores around the house.
She is pretty adorable, right?

First I baked her cake.

I sat for awhile while I let the cake cool.
Then I decided to shower and go garden. (In that order. Don't argue with my logic.)

I have four cute little dying plants coming up. I sort of forgot about them when Immy was born, but I've saved them for now.

After gardening (it was 7:45 when I finished), I read the paper until around 9 o'clock.
And still Carter wasn't home.

"Ready to have a birthday party Imogen?" God she'll be my first terrible two. I'm sortof not looking forward to anything about that. But maybe she'll be a good...ha. Who am I kidding. She's already grumpy.

Just as I lit the candles, Carter walked in the door. I let go of my anger at him for almost missing our baby's birthday...

And blew out the candles with Immy.


Imogen got blond hair from I guess the blond in my strawberry blond and she got interesting blue eyes.


But her tan skin and normal are ears all are from her dad. And she still loves her grumpy dad the most.
 

After awhile we realized Imogen yells at her toys.


Or she tries to eat them.

"Imogen. Baby don't eat the man."
"Eat." Imogen sang out with her cute little voice.
And so she did exactly what she said she was gunna do..
She ate the man >:D
Somehow I enjoyed her devilish moment.
Then I took the toy away, she could probably choke on it.

But one of my aunts (apparently my mom had sisters?) heard about Imogen's birthday and sent her a cute little...thing. Whatever it is, Imogen loves it. She named him Peanut.
Ridiculous? I know.

The next morning I got Imogen up, but she was still a little tired, so she just sat next to her dollhouse and sucked her thumb. She's not much of a morning person.

I made pb & j's for lunch. They were delicious, if I do say so myself.

I decided it was time to go to the laundry mat. Carter and I had gotten to the point where we just...laid anything anywhere and did the dishes whenever they started smelling...

I had to bring Imogen with me and she was less than thrilled with being outside. She immediately started screaming, but once we got to the laundry mat, she was a lot happier.
Because she chatted it up with Peanut loud enough for everyone to hear.
That's my girl. Being loud and inconsiderate. >:D
I also decided to finish teaching Imogen how to walk.

Once I got home from doing endless amounts of laundry, I brought a tired little Immy in with me and put her down for bed.


I stayed up waiting for Carter for forever it seemed like, and finally he came home...at 3 in the morning, he looked drunk.
"Where in the hell have you been?" I said in a sweet ironic voice, trying not to lose my effing marbles.

Carter confessed to meeting this "woman at a bar" and they-
And I never even let him finish his sentence.

And I accidentally revealed my little...secret...
"What?" He said, looking at my exposed stomach, with huge eyes.
"Jesus... Carter I'm pregnant!"
Until next time...

 
To be to continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment