Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Janiaks. Generation 1 - Chapter 4: Beginning of Terrible 2s (Part 2)

Carter said bye to Imogen before he left. He knew I was bound to kill him if he stayed in the house with me.
But it turns out one of my friends saw him at the 24 hour diner...

Which is right around the corner.

The next morning I woke up feeling...extremely pregnant. I was gunna have this baby today. And to add to that, Carter still hadn't shown up since up and leaving yesterday.

I tried to teach Imogen how to talk, but I got frustrated too fast.

Right as I was about to put Immy down for a nap, Carter quietly came in and stood in the kitchen.

"Hi Carter," I said, bouncing Imogen in order to make her stop crying. She was a grumpy little thing. He looked rough...like he'd been sleeping outside and drinking heavily.
"Maggie we need to talk." He slurred.
"Whatever you need to say, go ahead." I said, tapping my foot in annoyance.
"Maggie I made a terrible mistake. But you did the same damn thing! You can't even-"
"Jeez Carter, just cuss in front of the baby. Have some dang class!" I hissed. (After all, it would be frowned upon for Imogen to be going around the grocery store with me yelling out obscenities.) I let him continue.
"Maggie you broke my heart when you cheated on me." He said. I guess I couldn't argue, so I didn't say anything.
I left the room and put Imogen down for her nap.

"Tell me everything that happened..." I asked calmly.
"Well I got trashed at the diner last week-"

"I don't give a crap if you were blacked out drunk, you still knew what was going on when you went out that night." I said, smiling sarcastically. "No bullshit. Just tell me what happened."

"She kissed me," he defended. I rolled my eyes.
"And I told her that I was married and that this was wrong and I couldn't just...do that to you." He said, looking sincere enough.
"Then she flipped out because she didn't know I was married. I thought she had known that." I guess I believed his story. People make mistakes, right?

"Maggie I'm here for you. I only left you last night because...you looked pissed. I didn't want to stress the baby out or something. I don't know." He said, rubbing my belly.
I dropped the subject for now.

While Carter was playing with Imogen after dinner...
"Oh God...Carter my water just broke!"

"Are you sure Maggie?" He said, looking not freaked out?
"Yes I'm sure idiot!" I screamed, grabbing my "go bag" and getting in the mini-van.

I hit the damn ice cream truck on my way to the hospital.

But I didn't have time to deal with that. So I just sortof...drove off?
Eh. Don't judge me.

Surprise!
I had twin girls (they're in that black hole of a basket).

Sweet Eleanor was born first.

Followed by my little Lucy.

All of my girls-

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment